[Zope] Scaling problems, or something else?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed May 16 17:52:16 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 04:24:56PM -0500, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> There's a difference between scaling and making something faster. ZEO
> makes a single instance slower, right. But you can deal with more
> requests concurrently using ZEO. That's what I consider "scaling".

Agreed.  But at the same time, I don't think it makes sense to keep
deploying more and more badly tuned instances. That's what I consider
"blind shotgun scaling" :) You need to scale, but you also need to
tune - and you need to be pragmatic about which is the appropriate
approach at any given point in time.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com