[Zope] a batch of inSaNitY!

Programmer programmer at paradigm-corp.com
Wed May 30 16:44:59 EDT 2007

Hi

I am about to go stark, raving, frothing mad with the DTML-IN batching.
Is there a known (or unknown) bug with this?

I have searched and read everything I can find about this and no luck.
The problem is with carrying the query terms over from one batch page to
the next. Right now I am using the script found here:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-collector-monitor/2003-May/002001.ht
ml

Except I changed,

<dtml-let
  batch="_.range(100, 180)"
  batch_size="10"
  batch_start="REQUEST.get('batch_start',1)">

<dtml-let
  batch="myZSQLMethod1"
  batch_size="10"
  batch_start="REQUEST.get('batch_start',1)">

The mySQLMethod1 takes two params which the search form supplies to
REQUEST. This works great. The pagination works beautifully. However,
when I use the very same result script with myZSQLMethod2 (same DB
table), which takes 5 params (all optional) the pagination breaks and
no-longer passes the query terms.
I have checked and rechecked both scripts and both forms. The
ZSQLMethods both test good. I am out of ideas. For the life of me I
cannot figure out why I'm losing my query terms in one and not the other
when the two are almost identical.
Care to enlighten me with your collective wisdom?

Zope 2.9.6 with mxODBCDA
SQL Server 2K
PostgreSQL 8.2
Windows XP :-(

M. A. Ruberto (Programmer)
Every piece of knowledge must have a single, unambiguous, authoritative
representation within a system.