[Zope] server slowed down to a crawl

knitti knitti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:13:58 EST 2007

On 11/20/07, Ben Bartrum <bba at inbox.com> wrote:
> I have a fairly old Zope server that has slowed down to the point where loading the ZMI doesn't complete and some pages load in > 25 secs while other pages don't load at all.  There has been recent cosmetic changes, but they worked for a day or so before the slowdown.  There is nothing new or unusual in the event log and traffic to the server is minimal (probably because it has been unusable for a day).  The Data.fs is about 500 mb.
>
> I am fairly certain that I have eliminated all operating system factors, and I am at a loss as to what I can do next without a ZMI.
>
> Any suggestions welcome.

Have you found out why it is slowing?
Has your traffic increased -> limit your traffic temporarily
Perhaps its the Hardware? If you mean with 'old' P3/P4, perhaps
the CPU cooler is dead and the CPU is in reduced performance mode?
Perhaps some IO controller (disks?) is failing.

Or your changes weren't cosmetic. Roll back to your last known good
backup (you have one, right?) and apply cour changes a atomic as
possible and test them

--knitti