[Zope] Frustrated with Python and Frameworks. Zope, Grok, Django, CherryPy

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Nov 27 12:08:44 EST 2007

Hey,

On Nov 27, 2007 4:47 PM, Jaroslav Lukesh <lukesh at seznam.cz> wrote:
> Very nice words....
>
> I have near complette mirror of the old.zope.org from 2004 or 2005 if
> someone wants (and rememner that old site and good where are many products
> that you couldnot find at web now). There are many fantastic products which
> I use at near each site. So I will try to put it online.

This sounds like something that could be potentially interesting for
new new zope.org, which is currently in development. I've
cc-ed this to Martin Aspeli so he knows about this. Perhaps you could
salvage the most useful older codebases
and we can put them online - since this stuff is open source we have
the liberty to do so. We could also consider putting them in some kind
of collective-like SVN repository so that people can make changes when
they need to.

I think doing this kind of stuff would be a really worthwhile project
to breathe some new life into the classical way of using Zope. It'd
be really nice to see some life in this part of the community.

Meanwhile I hope that the Grok community can somehow learn from this
and bring some of these features back in a new form.

Regards,

Martijn