[Zope] Weird hangs on zope/plone.

Samuel Abreu de Paula samuel at debian-ce.org
Tue Oct 9 15:23:53 EDT 2007

2007/10/9, Maciej Wisniowski <maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl>:
> What kind of limitation? Instead of raising number of threads on one
> zope instance you should just use few Zope instances with smaller number
> of threads. AFAIK it's more effective.

I was talking about the limitation u say here:
"Also there are some rules about pool-size. I don't remember
exactly but seems to me that it is too small, but
in general I suppose it has nothing to do with your problem..."

I will search more about use of ZEO. Thanks.

> So install deadlockdebugger and look at it's output between 8:00-10:00.
> It may be safely used on production instances.
>
> Also check if some external resources like LDAP are not restarted/backed
> up or sth. like that at this time, or before (eg. there is a backup at
> night that causes 'something' wrong for connections from your zope and
> your users start working since 8:00 - thats when you see 'hangup').

I think is something on LDAP, Deadlockdebugger is running already and
tomorrow i will have the answer.

Thank u all...