[Zope] trying to implement server side xsl transform

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Oct 25 10:31:10 EDT 2007

I started trying a solution with libxml2/libxslt which did work in python on
the command line but failed through the WEB  While browsing the WEB I came
across lxml and didn't spend much time on it but now looking at it I think the
tools from 4suite still involve less code although there may be some better
features offered with lxml I have only skimmed the documentation pages.  With
4suite the simplest case is :

from Ft.Xml.Xslt import Transform

result = Transform((xmlfile, xsltfile)

Although some examples show also importing TransformPath you will get messages
with newer versions that TransformPath has been deprecated so it is not
needed.

Thanks,  I am going to look some more at lxml.

Thomas

On Thursday 25 October 2007 08:53, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Concerning xslt transformations, you might want to consider an easier
> API to use the XSLT infrastructure in libxml2/libxslt: lxml. See
> http://codespeak.net/lxml
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  As videos could be 25 pictures
per second and might last several minutes, how many words is that?
- Linux Journal, July 2007

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/