[Zope] object properties access strangeness

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Thu Oct 25 12:38:55 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have problem with Zope 2.9.4, where I cannot get properties from acquired
DTML Document in same way as from Image (both are in folder above, both
objects with properties defined). It seems as to be a permission problem,
but I was look through permissions at whole tree up to zope root.

This is working:

    <dtml-with picture.gif>
        <dtml-var IMGproperty>(existing property at Image)
    </dtml-with>

And this raise error:

    <dtml-with dtml_document_file>
        <dtml-var ikona1>(existing property at DTML document)
    </dtml-with>

Error:

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: 'ikona1'

------

  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_String, line 476, in __call__
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 196, in eval
   - __traceback_info__: _
  Module <string>, line 1, in <expression>
  Module AccessControl.ZopeGuards, line 67, in guarded_getitem
KeyError: 'ikona1'

I was try to isolate problem in my "sandbox" with slightly different error,
but still does not able to get properties from acqiured DTML Document
object: