[Zope] SOAPMethod

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Tue Sep 4 07:51:04 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Baldry" <mark at ueastudent.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] SOAPMethod

> Hi Tom
>
> to be honest i would much rather use DTML as i understand this but it
> doesn't
> seem to work it only returns the result of the SOAP query when i view the
> source code. The SOAPMethod product recommends DTML but I have followed
> the
> example they give and this is what is happening.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that the requestStudentData method
is returning the correct information, but that information is not displaying
in your web browser, and that you can only see the information returned by
requestStudentData if you view the source for the page.

If this is the case, then it sounds like an html/css display problem, not a
dtml problem.  To verify this, create a dtml method that contains:

<dtml-var "requestStudentData('5506239')">

If the information displays correctly when you click on the View tab for the
above dtml method then you know that you have an html/css problem in your
original dtml method.  If you don't see the correct information, then your
'requestStudentData' method is not functioning correctly.

hth

Jonathan