[Zope] Problems with my ZMI

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Sep 29 13:33:24 EDT 2007

Ken Winter wrote at 2007-9-28 12:47 -0400:
>Sorry; forgot about sending the whole traceback.

Sad that DTML is not yet popped up to provide useful tracebacks :-((

>User Name
>    admin (admin)
>Request URL
>
>http://localhost:8080/DAgroups/dhr4/getSessionData01/ZPythonScriptHTML_editF
>orm
>Exception Type
>    IndexError
>Exception Value
>    string index out of range
>
>Traceback (innermost last):
>
>    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 115, in publish
>    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
>    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
>    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
>    * Module App.special_dtml, line 176, in _exec
>    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_With, line 76, in render
>    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
>    * Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 196, in eval
>      __traceback_info__: cols
>    * Module <string>, line 0, in ?
>
>IndexError: string index out of range

Unfortunately, we do not see much from this traceback.

Let's see what I can extract:

  The problem is probably in "ZPythonScriptHTML_editForm".
  In it, you see on top level a "dtml-with" with a nested
  "dtml-let". Probably in the "let", you have
  an expression "cols[<some index>]".

  "cols" contains a string and "<some index>" is out of range.

>Display traceback as text
>REQUEST
>form
>-C	''
>cookies
>wstyle	''
>dtpref_rows	''
>dtpref_cols	''

This may be an indication "dtpref_cols" is empty.
Maybe, this should not be so?

--
Dieter