[Zope] step by step going from single zope to zeo

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 04:31:26 EDT 2008

David Bear wrote:
> Are there any step by step guidelines for how to modify a current single
> instance zope into a zeo configuration? I have a single zope instance. That
> zope.conf define two mount points for multiple zodb's. I would like to take
> that single instance and turn it in to a zeo server, with to zeo clients.
>
> Are they any recent howto's on this?

Dunno, but the rough chain of events:

- run mkzeoinstance that came with your zope software
- copy your two .fs files to the new zeo instance
- tweak etc/zeo.conf in your zeo instance to serve them both up
- run mkzopeinstance on your clients to create zope instances
- make sure you have all your products installed on both zope instances
- tweak the zope.conf for both instances to mount the storages as
ClientStorage rather than FileStorage

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk