[Zope] default-zpublisher-encoding and zpt encoding

Yuri yurj at alfa.it
Wed Apr 2 09:59:58 EDT 2008

default-zpublisher-encoding in zope.conf seems not to work in zope
2.7.9, the server response don't set any charset.

While:
 <head tal:define="dummy
python:request.RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','text/html;;
charset=ISO-8859-1')">

works, and the characters are displayed ok. But I cannot modify all the
templates around and I'm looking for a general solution.

The problem is to replicate a 2.6 Zope (run with -L it_IT) with 2.7.9.

Zope 2.6 returns:

while Zope 2.7.9 returns:

Here the zope.conf part (default-zpublisher-encoding is ok,
default_zpublisher_encoding don't exists in zopeschema.xml):

======

# Directive: locale
#
#     Enable locale (internationalization) support by supplying a locale
#     name to be used. See your operating system documentation for locale
#     information specific to your system. If your Python module does not
#     support the locale module, or if the requested locale is not
#     supported by your system, an error will be raised and Zope will not
#     start.
#
# Default: unset
#
# Example:
#
#    locale fr_FR
locale it_IT

# Directive: default_zpublisher_encoding
#
#     This controls what character set is used to encode unicode
#     data that reaches ZPublisher without any other specified encoding.
#
# Default: iso-8859-15
#
# Example:
#
# default_zpublisher_encoding iso-8859-15

default-zpublisher-encoding iso-8859-1

======

I've commented out also the locale part, but still the same issue.

Any idea?

 Thanks :)