[Zope] Zope under vmware is too slow

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Apr 7 09:12:10 EDT 2008

--On 7. April 2008 14:52:23 +0200 Jaroslav Lukesh <lukesh at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I must install zope under vmware, but there are big speed degradation
> over  plain machine. Does somebody have some tip&tricks to run Zope under
> VMware  faster?

What means "too slow"...please come up with some numbers...If you give your
virtual machine very little memory then it will of course be
slow...although other configurations can also influence the performance. Of
course virtual machine are a bit slower than real hardware (usually <5-10%)
but I have never experienced any major performance issues with Zope under
Vmware.

-aj