[Zope] Critical system hosed (was: Upgrade to 2.7.2 results in all content unavailable)

Wes Modes wmodes at ucsc.edu
Fri Apr 11 12:50:55 EDT 2008

Nope.  No errors, with zopectl or in event.log.  Starts happily, though
clearly not pointing at my old content.  Though it would seem
/var/lib/zope/etc/zope.conf has the following correctly defined:

    %define INSTANCE /var/lib/zope
    %define ZOPE /usr/lib/zope
    instancehome $INSTANCE

And my data files appear to be at

    /var/lib/zope/var/Data.fs

with appropriate permissions and ownership.  The file hasn't been
touched since the time I did the upgrade, though the lock file in the
same directory has.

Still though, I get the "Resource not found" screen from every page I
attempt to access.  The university library relies on zope, so getting
this fixed is the highest priority.

As for why version 2.7.2?  Well, I didn't intend to update at all, but
an errant up2date, the RHEL rpm updater, did it for me.  And since the
previous sysadmin built it from source and possibly put some things in
non-standard places, disaster strikes.  And 2.7.2 was apparently the
highest version for which rpms were available.

I am concerned that an upgrade to the latest version would take days
(maybe weeks) of work to reconcile differences, and resolve problems and
dependencies.  And worse case, it might never see all our zope data
again.  The highest priority here is to get it working ASAP.

W.

Martijn Jacobs wrote:
> And do you see any errors when starting zope with zopectl fg ? (or do
> you see any errors in the log/event.log file?)
>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Wes Modes" <wmodes at ucsc.edu>

Wes Modes
Server Administrator & Programmer Analyst
McHenry Library
Computing & Network Services
Information and Technology Services
459-5208