[Zope] Upgrade to 2.7.2 results in all content unavailable

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Fri Apr 11 16:17:56 EDT 2008

have you used locate or any other utility to make sure you only have one Zope
installed, like "locate zope.conf" ?

Thomas

On Friday 11 April 2008 15:14, Wes Modes wrote:
> Better yet, here's a more informative debug output.  It tells me that
> zope thinks this is a new instance.  Though the old database is it place
> right where it should expect to see it.
>
>     *[root at library zope]# bin/zopectl debug*
>     Starting debugger (the name "app" is bound to the top-level Zope
> object) 2008-04-11 12:04:05 WARNING Init Class
>     Products.HappySession.HappySession.HappySession has a security
>     declaration for nonexistent method 'manage_menu'
>     [snipped a bunch of warnings...]
>
>     *>>> import Zope, ZPublisher*
>
>     *>>> ZPublisher.Zope('')*

>     [snipped a bunch of html and helpful info]
>     Zope Quick Start
>     You have not created any users in this Zope instance.  In order to
>     log in and manage this Zope instance, you'll need to add an
>     adminstrative
>     user account.
>
>     If you're running Zope on UNIX or Linux, you can create an
>     administrative
>     user account via the "zopectl adduser" command from a shell.
>     <b>Note: You'll
>     need to shut Zope itself down before "zopectl adduser" will work.
>     Restart
>     Zope after executing this command in order to log in.</b>
>
>     WARNING: you are running Zope 2.8.X with python 2.4.X, this is not a
>     supported
>     combination. Don't file bugreports or ask for support on zope.org.
>

> And apparently, I'm running 2.8.7 not 2.7.2 as I thought.  And I'm not
> supposted to ask you for help.  Help!
>
> W.
>
> > Dieter Maurer wrote:

> >> I forgot. You can download "request.py" from
> >>
> >>   http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/request.py
> >>

> >> In order to get rid of a deprecation warning, you must replace "Zope"
> >> with "Zope2".
> >
> > --
> >
> > Wes Modes
> > Server Administrator & Programmer Analyst
> > McHenry Library
> > Computing & Network Services
> > Information and Technology Services
> > 459-5208

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library			Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

"... using OpenOffice.org, and save them back to disk automatically,
in MS Word format.  They surf the Web, check e-mail, do instant
messsaging, view YouTube videos, visit their Facebook pages, learn
touch-typing skills and lots more.  Our public library has been
offering these Linux public stations for the past three years."
 - Phil Shapiro Linux Journal January 2008

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/