[Zope] Mouting + Logging Errors after Zope Upgrade 2.7.4 --> 2.11.1

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Aug 10 03:07:29 EDT 2008

Wolfgang Lausenhammer wrote at 2008-8-4 09:56 +0200:
>I just tried to lock the file manually and it works
>But I recognized when zope reports those errors with locking, the reported
>file can't be opened in the filesystem also, so it is really locked. It
>seems that zope doesn't unlock it and so if zope tries to access it again

Zope locks the file to prevent concurrent use of the storage (which is
not supported and would corrupt the storage).

Thus, while a process accessing a storage is running, another process
is prevented from opening it.

When a process finished, the operating system would automatically
release the lock (when the process has not done it itself).

>Altough the error doesn't have any effect on the website I'm running...
>Kinda strange..

Looks like there was a running Zope process -- the lock of which
prevented the start of a new one -- as it should be...

--
Dieter