[Zope] Guestbook example app stops working

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 10:12:41 EST 2008

I think I've worked out what is happening.  I'm assuming that the index_html
is written in ZPT; when edited TTW via the ZMI the "expand macros when
editing" is checked, so I guess the various TAL features are being removed
(hence it works until it is saved, and after that the dynamic parts are
missing).  I've no idea if there is a way to switch off this expansion by
default.  If there is, I would suggest that Zope is initially installed in
that condition.  As it is currently, I would say the tutorial examples are
quite confusing.  A real newbie would have little idea as to how it could be
that the HTML was being constructed.  I at least have been lurking round
Zope for some time, so I think I've been able to work it out.
bjd