[Zope] problem with a form in IE 7

C baiewola at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:17:14 EST 2008

We are running Zope 2.9.8 on Macintosh OS X Server 10.5.5 behind Apache 2.x.

I am having a problem when trying to submit one of my forms in IE 7.  This
only happens on Windows XP and it only started happening recently (we think
in the past week).

The form contains several select boxes.  When the user selects a value from
one of the select boxes, it submits the form and processes the selection.
The error I receive is an IE error that says:    "Internet Explorer Cannot
Display the Webpage".
And for some reason, all of my selectbox values are showing in the URL as
parameters.   This is not supposed to happen.   If I remove the parameters
from the URL line and press enter, it works fine.

I have another page that works similar to this one (with multiple select
boxes that submit the form upon selection), that doesn't experience the same
problem.

I even changed my form action to go to a plain html page, and it still tries
to pass all of my form variables in the URL string.

I went to Microsoft's trouble shooting page for this error.  I've tried
deleting my browser history, clearing out any cached items, and also
re-starting IE without "Add-Ons".  The server has been restarted as well.
None of these options have resolved the issue.

Neither the Apache log nor the Zope error log shows these errors.

Has anyone encountered this problem?  If so, what have you done to resolve
the issue?