[Zope] Storing unicode in ZODB objects

Thibaud Morel l'Horset teebes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 09:44:54 EST 2008

Hey AJ,

  Thanks. Full traceback below. Regarding storing files, I meant the File
Zope Object, as added by the following API call:
newFolder.manage_addFile(id,title=title, content_type="text/plain",
file=content).

Exception Type AttributeError  Exception Value 'unicode' object has no
attribute 'seek'

Traceback (innermost last):

   - Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 115, in publish
   - Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
   - Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
   - Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
   - Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
   - Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 326, in _exec
   - Module None, line 17, in updateWireFeed
   *<PythonScript at /GallopStaging/gallopWire/updateWireFeed>*
   *Line 17*
   - Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
   - Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
   - Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 326, in _exec
   - Module None, line 20, in createWireItem
   *<PythonScript at /GallopStaging/gallopWire/createWireItem>*
   *Line 20*
   - Module OFS.Image, line 62, in manage_addFile
   - Module OFS.Image, line 468, in manage_upload
   - Module OFS.Image, line 504, in _read_data

AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'seek'

Thanks,

Thibaud