[Zope] Character display issues upgrading 2.8.8 to 2.9.8

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Thu Feb 7 03:48:00 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Schinnerer" <john at eco-living.net>

> Well, it worked last time from 2.7.x to 2.8.x. Not so lucky time I guess.
>
> Anyone else have pointers to what I need to know?

You need to have right codepage in your system and defined management page
charset property too. But these prerequisities does not able to make STX
absolutelly sucessfull.

I was generate CP1250 locales (I use mandriva), but with Zope 294 they does
not run 100% correctly with STX (for example bold text with nationalities is
displayed with ** quotation). But STX at Zope 251 (with own very old python)
is OK with the same machine.

Other thing that does not work with new zope is names of days or months
which have national characters.

It is question if new zope code or new python is broken, or something else.

Does somebody know, which highest Zope version is OK?

JL.