[Zope] zope and postgresql

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Fri Feb 22 06:57:07 EST 2008

I remember that there was a bug in the ZpsycopgDA that comes with
version 2 of psycopg that no one has bothered to fix. It was something
like when you add a connection object in Zope it doesn't allow you to
set the encoding for Unicode or something crazy like that.

It was discussed on the IRC and some poor guy who was trying to
install it had to manually change the code of that product.

Here we use the pyscopg version 1 and it works brilliantly.

On 22/02/2008, madhangc <madhangc at opensuse.us> wrote:

>  Dear all,
>
>  I'm new to zope. I have planned to use zope with postgresql in a windows
>  environment. I have installed zope 2.x, python 2.4, mxtools, psycopg2.0. I
>  have no idea to proceed from here. I have ZpsycopgDA downloaded, but i don't
>  no how to install it and use it in zope. It is very urgent that i have to
>  finish a project. Can some one give some idea on how to connect zope and
>  postgresql. I prefer a good tutorial which teaches how to use zope with
>  pgsql.
>
>  Thanks in advance.
>
>  \madhan
>  --