[Zope] Acquisition / proxying object

Joerg Baach lists at baach.de
Mon Feb 25 17:52:26 EST 2008

Hi *,

> But somehow I have the feeling it has more to do with the 'and the
> container is not wrapped' part of the message. Not that I can make sense
> of it ;-)

Mmm, after even more searching, and not understanding I found

http://www.mail-archive.com/zope-dev@zope.org/msg11438.html

and changed my code to:

    def __of__(self, parent):
        '''foo'''
        if not hasattr(parent,'aq_base'):
            return self

        folder,id = self.remoteid.split(':')
        acl = parent.unrestrictedTraverse(folder)
        remote = acl.getUser(id)

        return Acquisition.ImplicitAcquisitionWrapper(aq_base(self),

                                 aq_base(remote).__of__(parent))

Now, this actually seems to work. If only I knew why....

Cheers,

  Joerg