[Zope] Re: Zope Digest, Vol 45, Issue 25

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Feb 29 13:52:06 EST 2008

Garito wrote at 2008-2-29 00:35 +0100:
>I can understand Yuri
>Zope uses the tree to run and the filesystem is a tree
>
>When I'm developing Yanged (my Zope project) I think about that. I would
>like to create a version of Zope with the most essential parts:
>the traverse way
>the adquisition
>in an apache module (and apache of course)
>the filesystem as object data base
>and Zope Smart Manager as ZMI

It would not be that difficult:

  Your Apache module would call "ZPublisher.Publish.publish"
  with a module name different from "Zope2".

  Your "Zope2" replacement would provide the objects
  required by "ZPublisher.Publish.get_module_info".
  It could e.g. use a LocalFS instance as "bobo_application"
  and immediately, your objects would come from the filesystem (as
  mapped by "LocalFS").

--
Dieter