[Zope] Re: suddenly confused

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Wed Jan 30 15:12:01 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 10:42 AM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Ricardo Newbery wrote at 2008-1-29 01:19 -0800:
>> Apologies for jumping late in this thread but how precisely should
>> "App.FindHomes" be imported?
>
> Someone else reported about a ZEO patch that does the same thing
> without a need to import "App.FindHomes".
>
> If you have Zope installed and ZEO is running
> in the Zope installation (shares its code), then "import
> App.FindHomes"
> in sufficient to import "App.FindHomes".

Any plans to incorporate either of these solutions in the next
release?  I would like to avoid trying to explain how to do this to
users of a third-party product that needs to be accessible to ZEO.

>> And a related question.  Any suggestions on how to support multiple
>> product directories like a non-zeo config?  I checked already and
>> zeo.conf doesn't appear to support the "products" directive.
>
> "App.FindHomes" can be controlled via the envvar "PRODUCTS_PATH".
> If defined, it is a "pathsep" separated sequence of directories
> where Zope should look for products.
> It may contain "%(XXXX)s" patterns with "XXXX" from
> "PRODUCTS_PATH", "SOFTWARE_PRODUCTS" and "INSTANCE_PRODUCTS".
> In these cases, the pattern is replaced by the corresponding path.

Ahh... this sounds good.  So, assuming App.FindHomes in imported,
then all I would need to explain is how to add the necessary "export"
lines to zeo.conf?  (or maybe zeoctl?)

Thanks,
Ric