[Zope] zope stops responding

Sours, Kevin KSours at carsdirect.com
Thu Jul 3 12:29:16 EDT 2008

My experience is that increasing the number of threads past 4 does
absolutely nothing to assist performance.   Multi threads will help with
the occasional long running request, but if its more than occasional
then the thread list will eventually clog up no matter how many threads
you have (and the more threads you have, the more they fight over the
processor).  The server sounds beefy, but since Zope is only going to be
using one of those four cores, that might be deceptive.
Kevin