[Zope] Problems with Zope + Apahe and exUserFolder logins

Toni Vicens Arasanz tvicens at vinissimus.com
Thu Jul 3 13:16:10 EDT 2008

Hi everyone.

I am migrating my web application to a new server and I am trying to
configure Zope + Apache as described in
http://wiki.zope.org/zope2/ZopeAndApache .
I previously used fast-cgi to communicate Apache with Zope and it worked
just fine. I use exUserFolder to store my users in a postgresql
database. Everything seems to work fine except when I try to login to a
restricted area through port 80. After debugging a bit (unfortunately
I'm not any Zope guru) I've noticed that the username and password
variables which are posted from the login page are located at the
HTTPRequest?
<http://wiki.zope.org/zope2/ZopeAndApache/createform?page=HTTPRequest>.stdin
property when the page is accessed through the 8080 port, but they are
not present when the page is accessed though apache.

Anyone has any clue about what might be going on? Thanks a lot.