[Zope] newInteraction error

Erik Myllymaki erik.myllymaki at aviawest.com
Fri Jul 11 18:40:23 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am getting a fair number of these errors popping up:

Error Type: AssertionError
Error Value: newInteraction called while another interaction is active.

I searched for the error mesage and only came up with a reference to
Philipp von Weitershausen's book, which I have, but it really doesn't
tell me much (while it quite possibly would tell another plenty :).

Strangely, the logs do not show this error, but they do have
Unauthorized Errors correspondding to the page template that was being
requested when the newInteraction error was thrown.

Our environment looks like this:

Zope Version (Zope 2.10.6-final, python 2.4.4, linux2)
Python Version 2.4.4 (#2, Mar 7 2008, 03:56:06) [GCC 4.1.2 (Ubuntu
4.1.2-0ubuntu4)]
System Platform linux2
SOFTWARE_HOME /opt/testsite.com/parts/zope2/lib/python
ZOPE_HOME /opt/testsite.com/parts/zope2
INSTANCE_HOME /opt/testsite.com/parts/zclient1
CLIENT_HOME /opt/testsite.com/var/zclient1
Network Services ZServer.HTTPServer.zhttp_server (Port: 8050)
Process Id 1024 (-1247577200)
Running For 1 day 6 hours 12 min 1 sec

Any advice greatly appreciated.