[Zope] zexp import fails from linux to windows due to image file paths

Richard Ettema richard at calibrationconnect.co.nz
Wed Jul 16 17:27:12 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have an old zope based site that was hosted on a linux machine that
was exported to a zexp. i am trying to import it onto a windows
machine to fix up and upgrade the site. the windows machine is setup
wth the identical products etc. The problem is the image file paths
for linux within the zexp do not match the new windows setup. I dont
need the images imported, i'm wanting to access the main site content
and users. I dont have access to a linux machine anymore, so i'm stuck
with windows for development. Is there a way of getting the import
procedure to ignore the errors and continue the import (i.e. any hints
on how to modify the zope code)? Or is there a way to edit the zexp to
do a search & remove/replace of the file path names so the import
completes with no file path details?

Any ideas greatly appreciated as I have searched around with no luck on
answering this myself.

Thanks