[Zope] Problems with buildout and zope.interface

Christian Scholz cs at comlounge.net
Fri Jul 25 07:34:33 EDT 2008

Hi there!

I am trying right now to convince people to use buildout and ZCA for the
Open Grid Protocol project but it turns out that it's not working as
expected. So maybe somebody on here can help me :-)

The setup is Mac OSX 10.5.4 with Python 2.5.1 installed and apparently a
zope.interface egg inside the standard install of Python of version
3.3.0. (you can see the contents of the lib dir her:
http://pastebin.com/d3f5fb455)

On some machines it now seems that this version is used instead of using
a newer one the system wide installed one is used (for some reason not
on my own machine), so the for instance the testrunner script looks like
this: http://pastebin.com/d1a1024d2

(as you can see the standard lib is put into the path but not a separate
zope.interface egg).

The problem it comes down to when running buildout is the following:
http://pastebin.com/d1ec846fa

The important lines are probably:

#
   File
"/Users/tess/pyogp/eggs/zope.security-3.5.1-py2.5-macosx-10.5-i386.egg/zope/security/interfaces.py",
line 20, in <module>
#
     from zope.interface.common.interfaces import IException,
IAttributeError
#
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/zope/interface/common/interfaces.py",
line 80, in <module>
#
     classImplements(OverflowWarning, IOverflowWarning)
#
ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"/Users/tess/pyogp/src/pyogp.lib.base/pyogp/lib/base/configure.zcml",
line 6.2-6.55
#
     ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"/Users/tess/pyogp/eggs/zope.component-3.4.0-py2.5.egg/zope/component/meta.zcml",
line 7.4-11.10
#
     NameError: name 'OverflowWarning' is not defined

So zope.component 3.4.0 probably needs zope.interface 3.4.x but
installed is 3.3.0.

Now my question is: How can I solve this problem. I think I tried to put
  zope.interface>=3.4 into all sorts of places but one outcomes only
seemed to be a version conflict saying that 3.3.0 is installed already
(unfortunately I also cannot test this myself as in my case it's working).

Here is the buildout.cfg:
http://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/projects/2008/pyogp/buildouts/libdev_mac/trunk/buildout.cfg

There also is a setup.py which contains the following dependencies:

       install_requires=[
           'setuptools',
           # -*- Extra requirements: -*-
           'zope.interface>=3.4',
           'zope.component [zcml]',
           'WebOb',
           'wsgiref',
           'grokcore.component',

       ],

(http://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/projects/2008/pyogp/pyogp.lib.base/trunk/setup.py)

And you can find the whole buildout here:
http://svn.secondlife.com/svn/linden/projects/2008/pyogp/buildouts/libdev_mac/trunk/

(this is a special version which only runs with Python2.5 and installed
a development version of setuptools which I bundled with it because of
the problems with subversion 1.5. I suspect though that it also fixed
some other bugs as people here constantly seemed to have problems with
buildout which now seems to be reason enough to move away from buildout
and the Zope Component Architecture).

Hope somebody can help :-)

Thanks!

Christian

--
Christian Scholz                         video blog: http://comlounge.tv
COM.lounge                                   blog: http://mrtopf.de/blog
Tel: +49 241 400 730 0                           E-Mail cs at comlounge.net
Fax: +49 241 979 00 850                               IRC: MrTopf, Tao_T

neue Show: TOPFtäglich (http://mrtopf.de/blog/category/topf-taglich/)