[Zope] statistics and click analysis for a plone site

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Mon Jun 2 10:55:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

robert rottermann wrote:
> Hi there,
> for a Client using a plone2 intranet (with no access from the outside
> world) I installed awstat to track the usage of the intranet.
> now I wonder how meningfull such statisics are.

I guess you have something like apache in front of the zope,
if so you can make a custom log format (with relevant fields,
separated uniform, e.g. tabs) and spool them in a database,
for example I used some tables in postgres: uris (uri_id,'/foo/bar')
queries (query_id,'?foo=bar')   methods (method_id, 'GET'),
hostnames (host_id,'www.foo.de')
access (timestamp,host_id,bytes,time,method_id,uri_id,query_id ....)

with an insert-script and then you can easily run reports against
those structured data. You can also include various request parameters
I did not show above (like session cookie, auth_user, ...)

Regards
Tino