[Zope] acl_users folder > 25000

Kees de Brabander cj.de.brabander at hccnet.nl
Wed Jun 4 02:51:06 EDT 2008

  _____

Van: Martijn Jacobs [mailto:martijn at fourdigits.nl]
Verzonden: dinsdag 3 juni 2008 16:13
Aan: Kees de Brabander
CC: zope at zope.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Zope] acl_users folder > 25000

Kees de Brabander wrote:

I have no idea.
I have been looking at the PAS, but did not find to much documentation on
it.
Would it be possible to use a database that my client does maintain?

cb

Yes that would be possible. Take a look at
http://plone.org/products/gmailauthplugin as it's a pretty nice example how
to write a plugin yourself. You can also take a look at
https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/PASPlugins/

It appears that the database of my client is not accessible. They can
provide me an excel file with the members.

The intended application actually is an election. It is a one time thing.
Every member is using this application once, and presumably not all of them.
Would it still be unwise then to put these 25000 accounts in an ordinary
acl_users folder?

cb