[Zope] zope.schema: association vs. containment in Object, List

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 22:26:52 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Sean Upton <sdupton at gmail.com> wrote:
> mechanism or implementation details underneath, so I think I'll
> continue to use custom field types marked with an IRelationshipField
> interface, and assume the built-in Object, List fields are only used
> for containment.  The only thing I do not like about my direction is

I'd rather not make any assumption at all; use two interfaces: one
that indicates references, and one that indicates containment.  That
allows you to raise an exception for fields that don't specify, which
would be useful during testing and debugging.  For each such field
found, you'll get to decide how to handle it and stamp the appropriate
interface on the field.

 -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>