[Zope] zopectlsock missing

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Wed Jun 11 09:28:21 EDT 2008

This happens from time to time and I've never really understood how it
ends up like this.
There's no zopeinstance/var/zopectlsock socket which means that
zopectl stop|restart|start just spits out "daemon manager not running"
When in fact, Zope is running. It's there when you run `netstat -nptl`
and you can go to the.
If I do go in to http://localhost:8080/Control_Panel/manage_main and
Shutdown the next time I'll be able to use zopectl happily.

Does anybody know what's going on with and why it goes missing?
I have a vague suspicion that it might have something to do with my
init.d restart script and rebooting of the server but I could be
wrong.

Cheers,
Peter

--