[Zope] Call for new ZSyncer maintainer

Paul Winkler slinkp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:40:01 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

ZSyncer (http://sourceforge.net/projects/zsyncer) is in need of a new
maintainer.

Once in a while I get a question about ZSyncer.  Sadly I have to face
the fact that I have not been actively maintaining it for quite some
time: I haven't used ZSyncer at all for over a year, have made no
commits in that time, and no releases for over two years.

So, while I'd be happy to do some paid work on ZSyncer if your
employer really needs something done, I've clearly abdicated my
leading role in ZSyncer's community (is there one?).

Anybody care enough about it to step up?  If so, contact me off-list.
I would be happy to provide support during a transitional period.

Summary of current status:

* There are several fixes in CVS that should probably be released as
  0.7.2, but I'm not sure if they're adequately tested.

* Tests pass under zope 2.9; untested with 2.10 or trunk.

* The code is, in my opinion, badly in need of refactoring and cleaning up.

* There is a suite of ZopeTestCase tests. Should probably be broken up
  into smaller cases.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com