[Zope] RedHat blows up? (another post follow up)

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Fri Mar 14 13:03:58 EDT 2008

Concerning the post from FuBuJo <siteartisan at gmail.com> about Zope Zeo with
reference to RedHat blowing up with Zope.

I've been running Zope on RedHat and RedHat based OSs since 1999, always on
Dells, and only found an issue with RedHat 8.0 when it came out (before RHEL
existed) and the issue was due to the change in threading on the RedHat
distro bu there was a fix for Zope in Zope's configuration.  After RedHat 7.3
I started using Fedora until last year when false CPU hardware errors kept
crashing the server.  Had to move to CentOS (RedHat based) because at that
time Dell only supported RedHat, CentOS and Suse.  No errors after installing
CentOS using Apache, Zeo, and Zope.  Now I am making arrangements to move
back to RedHat with RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.0 and I am curious/concerned to
what issues you experienced with RedHat.

From original post:
"The equipment is high end DELLs (well as of 3 years ago) - all running
FreeBSD (we tried Red Hat but it blows up - but thats another post)."

Thanks,

Thomas
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library			Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

"... using OpenOffice.org, and save them back to disk automatically,
in MS Word format.  They surf the Web, check e-mail, do instant
messsaging, view YouTube videos, visit their Facebook pages, learn
touch-typing skills and lots more.  Our public library has been
offering these Linux public stations for the past three years."
 - Phil Shapiro Linux Journal January 2008

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/