[Zope] Re: zip files corrupted with IE when opened, fine when downloaded

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Mar 19 08:27:51 EDT 2008

robert rottermann, on 2008-03-17:
> Hi there,
> we have a problem with an intranet that runs using plone 2.5.3
>
> when users using IE want to open a zip file from the intranet by using
> the "open" option from the download dialog they get winzip complaining
> that the file is corrupted.
> if they select "save" from the same dialog they can open the zip archive
> without problem.
>
> does anyone know a solution for this or give me an idea where to look
> for one?

The INSTALL.txt of CMFPlone says this about WinZip:

* Unpacking the Plone archive with WinZip will not work: WinZip will truncate
  filenames without warning you. 7-Zip is a good open source alternative for
  Windows that you can use instead: http://www.7-zip.org

That does not look like the same error you are getting, so the other
answers are probably better, but still using 7-zip might solve this.

My 2 cents.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/