[Zope] ExtFile 1.5.6 bug

Dragos Chirila objectvalues at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:12:46 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am experiencing a very strange problem; any thoughts or ideas will
be highly appreciated.

I am using ExtFile 1.5.6 product to store images and files in my
application. During the publishing process, at some point, a rename of
a container with images and files it is involved. From time to time
this results in broken objects with 0 byes in size. My application
runs on a Zope 2.7.6.

On the other hand, I am running the same kind of publishing process on
a Zope 2.10.4 with ExtFile 2.0 and this problem never occours. I
noticed a line in the CHANGES.TXT file: - Bugfix: Exceptions at a late
stage of a cut/paste operation could lead to data loss. Can this be
the bug that affects my application when I use the ExtFile 1.5.6
product?

Because a migration to a higher Zope version is out of the question
right now, is there a fix for this problem? Or is there another way to
overcome this?

Thank you very much,
Dragos

--