[Zope] problem migrating ZClasses from Zope 2.6.1 to Zope 2.9.8

Yuri yurj at alfa.it
Wed Mar 26 11:19:43 EDT 2008

> On Mar 26, 2008, at 11:19 , Yuri wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > I've got a trouble importing a ZClass app to 2.9.8 from 2.6.1.
>>

> IMHO you're not investing your time wisely trying to make a ZClas
> application work on a later Zope version. They're unsupported and
> dead. I would keep the old setup running and spend time on recreating
> the ZClass product functionality as a real Zope product, and then
> create a script to migrate the old ZClass instances over.

Sure, but then I would switch totally to zope3 techs, at least.

The point is, why a working envinroment in zope, don't works anymore
just restarting zope?

 It seems a database corruption or something not written in the disk, so
it is worth an investigation.

 All works, you restart, boom. Can't recover in any way.

 At least there's should not mentioned any fix in 2.9.8, if it does not
works. It is time comsuming for nothing, and kills any love with Zope, imho.

Say: in this version this and this works, in that version not. Say "it
works", then it don't, who knows....