[Zope] ZSyncer & Zope 2.10

Craig Chasseur tchasseu at umich.edu
Mon Mar 31 09:41:11 EDT 2008

Hello All,

We've recently completed an upgrade to Zope 2.10.5 on one of our servers and
we've begun to encounter problems with ZSyncer. We use ZSyncer to synchronize
objects between this server and another running Zope 2.9.8 (both have ZSyncer
0.7.1 installed). When attempting to "put" folders from the 2.10 server to
the 2.9 server, the process hangs and nothing is transferred. However, when
we attempt to put individual objects, we are successful.

Does anyone know what might be the cause of this issue? ZSyncer 0.7.1, which
is the latest release, claims that it may not be compatible with Zope 2.9 and
up, but we were able to use it successfully before this most recent upgrade
to 2.10. If anyone is aware of a fix or a workaround, or simply has an
insight into why this breaks for us, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Sincerely,
Craig Chasseur
University of Michigan