[Zope] Zope threads and the GIL

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon May 5 15:34:28 EDT 2008

Manuel Vazquez Acosta wrote at 2008-5-4 11:12 -0400:
>That would mean that the only place where real multitasking occurs is
>when fetching objects from ZEO and other I/O bounded tasks, isn't?

I depends what you mean with "real multitasking".

If you mean by this that several CPUs are concurrently active for your
Zope process, then you are near. You can, however, also write code
for expensive time consuming operations in a language different from
Python and then release the GIL before you active such code. Then,
this code, too, can occupy a CPU in addition to the Python activity.

--
Dieter