[Zope] Making Zope stop storing old object versions

Sascha Welter zopelist at betabug.ch
Fri May 9 05:46:50 EDT 2008

(Thu, May 08, 2008 at 08:08:28AM +0800) Sinang, Danny
wrote/schrieb/egrapse:
> We've got lots of Catalog reads and writes and our Data.fs is growing
> at an immense rate.

Sometimes you have to look at your product code and figure out what it's
exactly doing. For example many times not very optimal products will
change all the instance when only a small attribute changes, resulting
in a zodb write that is much larger then really needed.

I documented an example of a hunt for a case like that in
"Quasi-Normal in Numbers": http://betabug.ch/blogs/ch-athens/708

Regards,

Sascha