[Zope] Re: Confused about permissions

Brenda Bell b311b-zope at theotherbell.com
Tue May 13 09:27:19 EDT 2008

In article <b311b-news-555B7E.01592813052008 at news.gmane.org>,
 Brenda Bell <b311b-news at theotherbell.com>
 wrote:

> What I can't seem to do is get the permissions right such that a user in
> the Editor role can add new External Files.
>
> I've checked every box on the Security tab for the Editor role.  Users
> in the Editor role can view and modify existing ExternalFile's but still
> cannot add new ones.

I enabled VerboseSecurity and I see this in my console window when I try
to add an ExternalFile when logged in as a user who is assigned the
Editor role:

2008-05-13 13:12:55 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://localhost:8090/foo/manage_addProduct/ExternalFile/manage_addObject
ViaGui
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 596, in traverse
  Module ZPublisher.HTTPResponse, line 713, in unauthorized
Unauthorized: <strong>You are not authorized to access this
resource.</strong><p>
No Authorization header found.</p>

A loop in BaseRequest seems to be falling through a loop that's
dependent on ''__allow_groups__''.

I've tried adding a group, assigning the Editor role to the group and
making my user a member of the group.  But I still get the same error.

What am I missing?