[Zope] Using Zope with IIS (PCGI)

Stephen Christian schrist at vex.net
Tue Nov 11 12:51:24 EST 2008

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this should go to Zope_Dev, so I thought I would try the
main list to start.

I've gone through the mail.zope.org archives and have come across a few
people who seem to be getting an error I'm getting. But I haven't
managed to fix the problem.

I have:
Zope Version  (unreleased version, python 2.2.1, win32)
Python Version  2.2.1 (#34, Apr 9 2002, 19:34:33) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
System Platform  win32
SOFTWARE_HOME  f:\zope\lib\python
ZOPE_HOME  f:\zope
INSTANCE_HOME  f:\zope
CLIENT_HOME  f:\zope\var

on a Windows Server 2003 box running IIS.  This has been running for a
while with no problem.  However, yesterday the server admins made a change
for the default web site properties, home directory, configuration,
extension asp from excutable C:\WINNT\System32\inetsrv\asp.dll (which did
NOT EXIST) to C:\WINDOWS\System32\inetsrv\asp.dll

And added c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727 to the System PATH
(at the end).

Since then it appears the PCGI no longer works and i'm not sure what I
need to do to stop the below error:

I can connect to the zope system using
http://localserver:8080/zope/intranetsite

or

http://sername.etc.com:8080/zope/intranetsite

Therefore, I am assuming Zope is fine and running OK.  However, when I try
and use pcgi I get an error message stating the page cannot be found for
this URL (which is how we use to access things):

http://servername.etc.com/zope/zope.pcgi/intranetsite

if I try:

http://servername.etc.com:8080/zope/zope.pcgi/intranetsite

Then I get the message:

- - - - - - - - -
Site Error

Resource not found

Sorry, the requested resource does not exist.
Check the URL and try again.

Resource: zope GET
- - - - - - - - -

I've found reference to this online and talking about preserving the site_path
(which I haven't found a setting for in IIS)

Unfortunately, when this system was turned over to me... I didn't get much
cross training in the PCGI stuff and it's been a while!

THe PCGI site that everyone points to doesn't seem to be there, thus I'm
not sure what else to try / do.

THANKS for any help anyone can give me.  Even if it's just something to try and
run to see if something is configured correctly.

the zope.pcgi file looks fine - all the files exist.

Canada's Fan S/F Convention                             http://tcon.ca