[Zope] kicked off list

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Fri Nov 21 16:23:11 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008, C wrote:

>   Every so often, my other email address gets kicked off the zope list
>   for some reason. One day I'm receiving messages and the next day I'm
>   not. After this happened 3 times, I joined with a second address (this
>   one) so I could be sure it was a phenomenon with a single email
>   address. Can anyone give me a clue why this might be happening? I only
>   occasionally send email to the group, and I never cross-post.

We host several Mailman lists here, and the most frequent reason
I see address subscriptions disabled is ``Excessive or fatal
bounces''.  One I saw this morning was a valid address, but the
recipient's MTA said ``user is over quota''.

There may be cases where the Mailman server cannot talk to any MX
servers for the recipient which may be the result of routing
problems, DNSRBLs, or sick Exchange servers (is there any other
kind :-)

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice. Nothing
is safe that does not show it can bear discussion and publicity.
  -- Lord Acton