[Zope] use path function on a python script

Garito garito at sistes.net
Wed Oct 8 07:17:45 EDT 2008

2008/10/8 Tino Wildenhain <tino at wildenhain.de>

> Garito wrote:
>
>> Perhaps is better if I explain you what I'm trying to do
>>
>> Imagine a Plone site (I know there are a plone list but this is a generic
>> question, sorry if not)
>>
>> I configure it in the way if you put a parameter ?print the plone point
>> renders as when you push the print button at the bottom of the point
>>
>> For example: plone_site_url/front-page?print renders the plone front page
>> with the print.css sytle
>>
>> Now I want to get the rendered code of this point as string to pass it to
>> PDFNode.renderAsPdf (it expect a string with the HTML and the name of the
>> generated pdf)
>>
>> Did you know how can I get the html code of an url with get parameters?
>>

> just context['front-page'](print=True) ?

Perhaps but this puts print on options/args/print or options/print in the
page_template scope, isn't it?

In my way to solve this I use request/form/print because plone_css use tal
expressions and request is passed to it

> or something? (Am I the only one which does not see value in a print
> button because there is CSS to make this happen without server
> interaction? )

Yes, this work as you think but if you need the same view (the print view)
in the server side you need to change portal_css

--
Mis Cosas
http://blogs.sistes.net/Garito