[Zope] Zope 2.x for Py 2.6 as 64 bit Windows application?

martin.gfeller at comit.ch martin.gfeller at comit.ch
Thu Oct 9 12:11:37 EDT 2008

Dear all

We're contemplating the move of our Zope 2.x application to 64-bit Windows.
We rely on a few add-on packages, notably PyWin, which has 64-bit support for
Py 2.6 only.

I'd be grateful for a rough idea on when there could be a Zope 2.x release
working with Python 2.6 as a 64-bit Windows application.

Jim Fulton wrote on 19 Sep 2008 top ZODB-Dev:

> We (ZC) are moving to 64-bit OSs.  I've resisted this for a while
> due to the extra memory overhead of 64-bit pointers in Python
> programs, but I've finally (too late) come around to realizing that
> the benefit far outweighs the cost.

However, Jim told me that he neither using Zope 2.x nor Windows and
directed me to this list for my question.

Thank you and best regards,
Martin

COMIT AG - A Swisscom Company
Martin Gfeller, Senior Manager