[Zope] weird page template errors...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 08:50:47 EDT 2008

Hey All,

Still getting the odd weird error following my move to Zope 2.11.

The following are currently very confusing:

   Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 330, in _exec
<snip>
   Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 115, in pt_render
    - Warning: Macro expansion failed
    - Warning: zope.tal.taldefs.METALError: macro nesting limit (100)
exceeded by u'template/macros/showbullet'
   Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
<snip>
   Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 754, in do_insertStructure_tal
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xa3 in position
114: ordinal not in range(128)

So for starters, what's with the 2 errors?

For second, I don't get this error when I view the url the error is
associated with, so I'm guessing this is specific to something the
browser is sending.

Any clue as to why this page would render fine for me but obviously
isn't for someone else?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk