[Zope] find zodb object sizes

Markus Bleicher lists at markusbleicher.de
Mon Oct 27 09:51:35 EDT 2008

Hi Yuri and Andreas!

Andreas Jung wrote:
> On 20.10.2008 17:46 Uhr, Yuri wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>   I would like to run a script to see what objects size is, printing the
>> zodb path.
>>
>>   analize.py gives me a floating point division error, so I would like to
>> ask if there's a simpler way to see what there's inside the ZODB.
The mentioned script is probably analyze.py, not analize (see here:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?defid=1214122&term=analize :-))

> It would be helpful to see the traceback in order to fix a potential
> problem with the script.
Not related to the problem, but the two installments of the script
created by buildout
./parts/zope2/utilities/ZODBTools/analyze.py
./parts/zope2/lib/python/ZODB/scripts/analyze.py

are executed with python2.3. Maybe this can be updated.

Markus