[Zope] How do I write to a text file from Python?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Sep 9 14:11:09 EDT 2008

Jakob Schou Jensen wrote at 2008-9-9 08:27 +0200:
>Where is the 'manage_upload' function documented?

In the source ("OFS.Image.File.manage_upload").

    def manage_upload(self,file='',REQUEST=None):
        """
        Replaces the current contents of the File or Image object with file.

        The file or images contents are replaced with the contents of 'file'.
        """

You are right when you point out:

  Why does the integrated online help documents (the private) "update_data"
  but not (the official) "manage_upload"?

I do not know.

I know that "manage_upload" is "official" because it has an
associated permission (and because it is used in the ZMI).

If you use "DocFinder" (or even "DocFinderTab"), then you can
easily see which methods are available in the various contexts.

--
Dieter