[Zope] z3c.dav issues

Jayarajan Jn jayarajan at musmo.com
Thu Sep 18 23:25:03 EDT 2008

Hi friends,
i am doing some prototypes to try webDAV with zope3. I am using z3c.extfile
to store files.

I tried the zope.app.dav that is coming along with z3 distribution. it works
fine for zope.app.file and zope.app.folder. it partialy works with
z3c.extfile too. ie, i can download extfiles

Anyways i saw in http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zope.app.dav/3.4.1 that z3c.dav
is advanced than zope.app.dav. So i tries z3c.dav also. But i got error
while accessing the / folder  through webDAV.

I have been using debian's(Gnome) local filesystem browser to do this

but i get the following error on my weDAV client
"""
cannot open '/'

The filename "/" indicates that this file is of type "x-directory/webdav".
The contents of the file indicate that the file is of type "HTML document".
If you open this file, the file might present a security risk to your
system.

Do not open the file unless you created the file yourself, or received the
file from a trusted source. To open the file, rename the file to the correct
extension for "HTML document", then open the file normally. Alternatively,
use the Open With menu to choose a specific application for the file.
"""

May be i am missing something :?

This is  how i proceeded
1) started the zopeserver
2) connected to it via webDAV with server:localhost, port:8080, user:admin.
3) it works fine and displays the content of root folder. I can view,add,
delete download etc..But its done by zope.app.dav

now same thing with z3c.dav
1) (easy_install -N)ed z3c.dav, z3c.etree, z3c.conditionalviews
2) included the z3c.dav package and disabled zope.app.dav . (inside
package-include)
3) try to access server through webDAV (exactly same as before)
now it fires above said error.

can any one tell me where i am missing?
i have seen the z3c.davapp.* packages. Is there any work going to support
extfile like this? i have adapted the z3c.davapp.zopeappfile codes to write
a similar package for z3c.extfile too. But i cant test it properly if
z3c.dav itself is not working for me :/

Note: i am using zope3.3.1+py2.4 setup

And like many others demand i also would like to see a HOWTO for z3c.dav.

Thanks to all in advance.
jayaraj.