[Zope] Zope hangs

Nico Grubert nicogrubert at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 07:29:13 EDT 2008

> Yes, and you can use the Control_Panel/DebugInfo as well and scroll
> down to the Connections table. Out of the 8 threads most of them
> should be vacant (ie. None) and if there are some requests logged
> there they should in the range of < 1 sec.
> If any of them are longer than 1 sec they are either stuck or doing
> something is supposed to take a long time (e.g. render a complex
> report, do a big upload, etc.)
>
> I once had a similar problem and I hacked the LDAPUserFolder to do a
> timing of the connections and found that connecting to the LDAP server
> was super slow and thus each connection cost too much time and it
> subsequently blocked the threads.

Hi Peter

thanks for your reply.

At Control_Panel/DebugInfo I see
None	 (44921)
Tue Sep 30 13:24:18 2008 (0.37s)	(... 'ACTUAL_URL':
'http://fog:8086/Control_Panel/DebugInfo/manage_main'}) (641)
None	(57523)
None	(69795)
None	(47637)
Tue Sep 30 13:24:17 2008 (1.18s)	(... path/to/any/doc')}) (48335)

I sometimes see a LDAP call in the DeadlockProfiler output so it could
be the reason.

Do you still have the LDAP patch around? I'd like to do a
timing of the connections, too.

Regards
Nico